Blog Archive

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The "S"s

Being Successful, Sexy AND Sane ...it should be the trifecta in the dating world.  Then you add on the fact that I am also Saved, Sophisticated and Sweet.  I've got "S"s for days. Unfortunately along with all those "S"s is the fact that I am also painfully SINGLE.


The dating world is harder to figure out than a Rubik's cube! You figure out how to make everything match up on one side and then you turn around and everything is completely messed up on the other side. 


From deciding if I should do a dating profile online to trying for figure out if this guy smiling at me in the grocery store is trying to flirt with me or if he just really likes my shoes and wants to be my new best friend.


Dating in the 21st century is complicated to put it simply.  When guys talk about a girl with their friends it's more common to hear "She is my main chick" quickly implying there are plenty of sides, rather than just hearing "she is my girlfriend." And finding out many girls are ok with accepting the role of "side chick" in hopes of one day becoming the "main."  Not the "One and Only," but the "main."


They want us to blame characters like "Olivia Pope" and "Mary Jane Paul" for setting a bad example.  However, I can quickly name 10 women without thinking hard in real life that have done or are doing the same things.  Those characters are based on real life, real life is not based on those characters. I'll admit to watching Being Mary Jane and wondering who got their hands on my diary and let them use my secrets?


My posts are about real life.  The real life of a professional dater.  The term professional being derived from my vast experiences in dating rather than my mastery of the art of dating.  Because were I to have mastered dating, I would no longer BE dating.


These vast experiences have ranged from comical to devastating.  Times when I felt the sky was the limit and other times when I felt lower than dirt.  However, every experience taught me something new about myself, about life, and the fact that I can not do this by myself.  See if you recall one of those "S"s was Saved.  You might question that while reading some of these posts because I will be the first to admit my faults.  I've had some "Ho" tendencies at some points through these experiences, made some bad judgments calls and some horrible ones too.  But being Saved isn't about being perfect, but it is about striving for perfection and learning that lesson...WE CAN NOT DO THIS ALONE.


But that didn't stop me from trying....then trying again....then trying again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment